Sunday, May 25, 2008

kooky?

clarinet teacher

full of crazy ideas

make the emails stop


I recently took lessons to better myself on clarinet. Yes, I play clarinet. Yes, I care enough about the clarinet to pay a teacher to try and get me better at playing the clarinet. Dorky, I know. Shut up. Anyway, the teacher turned out to be a little kooky. He had helpful things to say, but sort of just said them out of order, like some crazy professor chatty-kathy doll. Every time I went into a lesson I didn't know how he would be, or how he would react to me. I tried being serious, funny, awkward, and confident, but none of those proved to get a good response out of him. I settled on apathy and went on with my life. (You have to know that most of the lesson involved learning the proper attitude I should have about music, not really how to play it).


So, having moved on, I get a tad annoyed with all of his emails that he sends to the clarinet students. Yes I know I could email him to remove me from his mailing list, but considering how difficult it was getting him to put me on, I would rather just read them and marvel at the kookyness. Here is a little taste of the last one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OQ5HrOwbTo&feature=related
I will give a hundred dollar bill to any student who gets this music to me,
WITH PARTS and complete SCORE ...ACCURATELY NOTATED, in a WEEK!!!!
When I first got this piece of spam I had two thoughts, first was "Hey, he isn't trying to get me to vote for Obama again, cool." and the next was that I might be able to do this and get a hundred bucks! It would be worth it to write out any piece of music for a quick benjamin.


THEN... I clicked the link. Go ahead if you haven't already, click it.


You know when you eat something really tasty and you say "mmm" to yourself without even thinking about it? I said "What the fuck" before I even knew I wanted to give a WTF.


The emails are like a car wreck. I want to avoid them but I can't help but stare.

3 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

But how good would that really sound on a clarinet? What a weirdo.

Kosher Tofu said...

Hey it might just be the next big thing...

Oh and if I could roll my eyes any harder they'd be doing summersaults.

Kerry said...

Um, wow.