Sunday, May 25, 2008

Maine Lobster and Chowda

eating fresh lobster
like rich people in a band
chowda was good, too

Only a few days ago, I was in Maine with the band. I have to say that it was a very fun trip, meeting all expectations. It's the opportunities like this that always make me satisfied with my decision to join the band. I'm in the process of trying to earn a nursing degree, and fortunately there will be travel opportunities involved with that career as well, though maybe not as frequent or interesting.

For a band in Memphis to travel to Maine, it was a unique opportunity. I know that I will have little to no chance of getting back up to that area of the United States so I chose to experience a few of the things that the area is known for, namely Maine Lobster and New England Clam Chowder (chowda).


I have to say that the dinner was great, I ate it all up plus some of my friends' appetizers. (Thanks Tones for the glass of wine that went perfect. The golf-dude's wine, I remember). The company was loud, but thats only because we were all so excited to be able to enjoy something so rare. Even so, I'm pretty used to loud, so I opted to go back to my room and chill rather than stay out and drink. I'm not much of a social drinker and wonder at times if the social drinking friends think I'm flipping my nose at their idea of fun. Hope they know that I think they're great fun, but would rather not go out drinking. Anyhow, I had gotten what I came for and know that they all had fun as well. Overall a great trip! If you're ever in New Brunswick and want lobster or chowda (get the seafood chowder!) then try Joshua's, it's yummy and fun.

6 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Of course you had to write about your trip that I was insanely jealous of. You didn't even grow up eating fresh seafood. I did. I deserved that lobster way more than you did. I hate you a little.

Mother Hoodwink said...

Oh and you didn't even eat it right. Who gets it already shelled? Wuss.

Kosher Tofu said...

Who gets it already shelled? I'll tell you who. People who don't know how to eat fresh shellfish and are scared little wusses and don't want to miss any meat, that's who.

Sigfriedsignalen said...

I had the 'lazyman lobster' too. It was very good I agree! I know you're not flipping your nose at my drinking, I just was bugging you, cause I wanted you to party with us

Kosher Tofu said...

Maybe lobster induces paranoia?

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.